Web design is more than just how a website looks. There’s actually a lot of love and science that goes behind it.
If you’re a big fan of the ins and outs of wed design, then you might appreciate this list of fun facts we’ve discovered about it.
- It takes an average of 50 milliseconds for users to form an opinion about your website. That’s less than the time it takes to blink!
- Most people will make their decision about whether they like your site or not based on its aesthetics – that is, how it looks.
- Good web design isn’t just about pretty pictures – it’s also about creating a user-friendly experience. Users should be able to find what they’re looking for easily and navigation should be intuitive.
- Conversion rates are significantly higher for websites with a well-designed home page. In fact, one study found that a poor home page design can cost you up to 80% of potential customers!
- The average user spends less than 15 seconds on a webpage before deciding whether to stay or leave. That means you have a very limited amount of time to make a good impression!
- A study by Google found that 61% of users are more likely to buy from a mobile-friendly site. With more and more people using their smartphones and tablets to browse the web, it’s essential that your website is designed with them in mind.
- Good web design is responsive – that is, it adjusts itself to look great no matter what device it’s being viewed on. This is crucial in today’s multi-screen world, where users might view your site on a desktop one minute and a smartphone the next.
- Most users will leave a website if it takes more than 3 seconds to load. That means you need to make sure your site is as fast and responsive as possible!
- A study by Adobe found that 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results. That means if your website isn’t ranking highly on Google, chances are people will never even see it.
- User attention span has decreased significantly in recent years – in 2000, it was 12 seconds, but by 2013 it had dropped to 8 seconds. This means you have an even shorter window of time to grab users’ attention and keep them engaged with your site.
- Webpages with video are 50 times more likely to appear on the first page of Google search results than those without. This is because Google’s algorithm favors websites that offer a rich, multimedia experience.
- The average user will read only 20% of the text on a webpage before making a decision about whether to stay or leave. That means it’s crucial that your content is well-written and to the point!
- Most users will make a decision about whether they trust your website within the first 10 seconds. That means you need to make sure your site looks professional and credible, or you risk losing potential customers.
- A study by Microsoft found that people are more likely to recall information if it’s presented in a visually appealing way. This means that your website should not only be informative, but also visually engaging.
- A study by Forrester Research found that 46% of users believe that a website’s design is the number one factor in determining whether a company is credible or not. This means that your website’s design is crucial in establishing trust with potential customers.
- The average user will make an assessment about your website within 50 milliseconds – that’s less time than it takes to blink! This means you have a very limited amount of time to make a good first impression.
- Most people will base their opinion of your website on its color scheme. This means that you need to carefully choose colors that convey the right message about your brand.
- A study by Jakob Nielsen found that users will often leave a website if they find it difficult to use. This means that your site should be easy to navigate and user-friendly.
- The average user will only wait 6 seconds for a webpage to load before moving on to something else. This means you need to make sure your site is as fast and responsive as possible!
- Good web design is essential in today’s competitive online landscape – if your site isn’t up to par, you’re likely to lose potential customers to your competitors.
Web design is a crucial part of any business’s online presence – if your site isn’t up to par, you’re likely to lose potential customers to your competitors. Make sure your site is designed for success with these 20 surprising facts about web design!